- This event has passed.
RiceFest Youth Essay Contest
August 7, 2017 – October 16, 2017
Deadline is Monday, October 16th
For more information, call (912) 463-2020 or visit riceborogaricefest.com
Packets are also available at Riceboro City Hall, 4614 S. Coastal Hwy in Riceboro
Theme: “In My Own Words”
1. Essay must be written expressly for the RiceFest Essay Contest.
2. Each essay must be accompanied by an individual entry form.
3. Proofread your essay for spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
3. Choose your own topic and title for your essay and write in your own words what the topic means to you.
4. Essay must be double spaced with 12 point font in Times News Roman.
5. Do not illustrate your entry with pictures or diagrams.
6. Submit only original copies of your essay. Photocopy, newspaper clippings, or duplicates are not acceptable.
7. Do not put your name on any page of your entry.
8. Fill out the entry form completely. Note that all information should be type or printed except signature.
9. Staple the entry form to the upper right corner of the essay. Entry form must be in front.
10. Your entry should be sent or submitted in a single envelope.
11. Your entry will not be returned and becomes the property of the Riceboro RiceFest.
12. All essays must be free of plagiarism.
13. First place essay winners in each age group will be published in the Ricefest Booklet and displayed on www.riceborogaricefest.com as well as other media outlets. Each entry form must have signature of parent or legal guardian.
14. Your entry must be postmarked or delivered in person no later than October 16, 2017.
1. Students must be enrolled in Liberty County School System.
2. Student must be enrolled in grades 5 -12.
5-6 grades | 300 word minimum | 1st place $50 2nd place $25
7-9 grades | 500 word minimum | 1st pace $50 2nd place $25 10-12 grades | 700 word minimum | 1st place $75 2nd place $25
For more information, call 912-463-2020.