1. Visit the Midway Museum-No joke, this is one of the coolest spots around. The museum must be kept cold in order to preserve the colonial and Civil War artifacts. Schedule a visit and get a historical perspective while enjoying some serious 21st Century air conditioning. Visit their Facebook page for more info.
2. Make a Splash-Liberty County has two public pools open during the summer months, and for a low cost, you can take a dip. The Hinesville & Midway Swimming Pools are open 2pm-6pm daily during the summer, and admission is $2 per swimmer. Family passes and individual season passes are also available if you plan to swim daily. Visit the Liberty County Recreation Department Facebook page.
3. Get Creative-The Hinesville Area Arts Council offers adult, teen and children’s art classes for all skill levels. Beat the heat and create a work of art at the same time! Check the calendar for info on scheduling and pricing. Visit their Facebook page for updates.
4. Grab an Ice Cold Drink–Delectable Fruits has some fantastic snow cones in a bunch of different flavors, including pineapple, watermelon, peach, pink lemonade and more. Let your taste buds run wild with this chilly treat! Check out their Facebook page too.
5. Browse for Your Next Summer Read-Bookworms can rejoice that the new library in downtown Hinesville is open. Take some time to sit and read, get involved with the LEGO club or bring the kids to story time. There’s also a lovely library branch at the Liberty County Community Complex in Midway, which has plenty of books and programs available too. Bonus: It’s right beside one of the pools and a playground! Adventures await!
-Amanda Scott, Program Manager for the Liberty County CVB