The temperature has officially dropped below the 90s for longer than a few days giving us the heads up that fall is on its way! It’s this coming Friday, September 22nd to be exact! Hurricane Irma was also kind enough to usher in a few cooler days this past week which got us even more excited for summer’s farewell. Ladies we know what that means, right? We can officially break out our boots and scarves! It may be a few months before we actually see the weather cool off for good but that won’t stop us from celebrating fall! Grab yourself a pumpkin spiced something and try out a few of our favorite things to do in coastal Georgia this time of year. Happy Fall y’all!
Photo by Tammy Lee Bradley
- Walk along one of Liberty County’s nature trails. We have some great walking paths throughout our county sure to be a fun stop for you and your family. Hit up Bryant Commons with the kiddos and spend the afternoon riding bikes and walking the dog.
- Share a meal outdoors. Head out on the patio and grill a couple steaks this evening. Once the sun goes behind the trees you’re in for a delightful evening!
- Go to a festival. Did yall miss our blog last week about the next few festivals coming up in Liberty County? Check it out! There are tons of fun to be had this season from pumpkin picking to bbq eating!
- Decorate your home. Burlap wreaths and spiced candles anyone?! This season adds so much to your home, it would be a shame not to decorate for it! Swing by Stacy’s Florist and snag a fall arrangement for your table, and stop in at Hinesville Pharmacy to pick up a Yankee Candle. Make your home more festive!
- Go on a hayride. These are perhaps a must do during the fall season. Hop on a hay bale and let the tractor take you for a ride. Check out our events calendar for upcoming chances to hitch a ride in Liberty County.
- Have a bonfire. Here’s another one you can do at home, but be sure to do it safely! Set up your fire pit and light a bonfire. This is a great a chance to gather your gang together and share your day or some spooky ghost stories. Break out the marshmallows for some extra fun!
- Pumpkin Spiced treats anyone? As we mentioned above this time of year is when we let our “basic” selves have a little fun! Stop in at one of our local bakeries like Southern Sweets or Island Café and try a fall themed treat!
- Hop in a leaf pile. We all loved doing this as children but believe me it’s still fun as an adult! I just recommend you jump in your neighbor’s leaves rather than your own so you don’t have to rake your yard twice!
- End the day at sunset. Our sunsets on the coast are truly remarkable and you’ll be able to catch them a little earlier this time of year too! Take a blanket and head to the coast for a remarkable scene. Stop by the Smokin’ Pig just before I-95 and pick up some dinner to enjoy while you sit and watch the sky change and listen to the crickets start chirping.
-Erin Johnson, Creative & Content Manager for the Liberty County CVB
The Right Blend Blog is written by two different authors employed by the Liberty County Chamber/CVB. As we are able, we rotate weeks and each writes about our individual experiences, opinions and let our writing reflect our personalities and creativity. All content provided on The Right Blend blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.