20 Free Ways to Enjoy a Weekend in Liberty County
Looking for an exciting weekend adventure that won’t break the bank? Come see us in Liberty County! We put together a list of 20 free things to do so that you can have a fun, stress-free weekend without spending a dime. Keep reading to find out what they are!
1) Play on the splash pad in Bradwell Park. 💦
It’s no secret that the splash pad has been a hit all summer long for the little & big kids alike! The water starts at 10am and turns off at 8pm, so be sure to come splash around in downtown Hinesville and don’t forget your sunscreen!
2) Visit the Hinesville Area Arts Council. 🎨
With a different exhibit featured every month you can get your fill of local art & maybe check out a class or two while you stop in!
3) Have a photoshoot at some of our favorite spots. 📸
Click here for a list of some of our favorite spots, grab your bestie or significant other and take some photos that will last a lifetime.
One of our personal favorites is the Sunbury Boat Ramp. Grab your rod, reel and some bait and relax on the coast! Did you know that Liberty County is one of six coastal counties in Georgia?
5) Put your kayak in the water & paddle along intracoastal waterways. 🛶
Leave the world behind for a while and spend some time on the open water. Enjoy our list of popular spots to put a kayak in!
6) Learn more about our military history at Fort Morris State Historic Site. 🌳
It is the only Revolutionary War site in the state of Georgia with the original earthworks!
7) Hunt for tree spirits on Barrington Ferry Road. 😛
Hop in the car and head over to Riceboro to see the beautiful art that has been carved directly into the tree trunks.
8) Take a boat ride out to St. Catherines Island. 🚤
Quick tip! If you do decide to visit, make sure that you stay on the shore of the island, because the interior of the island is only accessible to invited guests.
One of our personal favorites is Eve Park at Halfmoon Marina. Let the kids play while enjoying the beautiful view of the Liberty County coast.
10) Attend one of our events! 🎟️
We have awesome community events in Liberty County throughout the year! View a full list of them here and make plans to join in on the fun.
11) Head over to Fort Stewart and visit the 3rd Infantry Division Museum and Warriors Walk! 🪖
Fort Stewart is the largest military installation east of the Mississippi River, so there is plenty to see, do and learn.
12) Go on a scavenger hunt for historic markers. 📍
With almost 100 historic markers placed around the county, you can spend the day learning the pieces of history that have made us who we are.
13) Discover all that downtown Hinesville has to offer! 🛍️
If you haven’t gone exploring in downtown Hinesville, you are definitely missing out! Shops, food, history and fun make this a must-do for everyone.
14) Visit one of our public libraries. 📖
Everyone loves a great read, and the Live Oak Public Library is a great place to spend some quiet time. There are two locations in Liberty County!
- Downtown Hinesville: 236 W Memorial Dr, Hinesville, GA 31313
- Midway: 9397 East Oglethorpe Highway, Midway, GA 31320
15) Visit Bryant Commons Park! 🅿️
Located in the heart of downtown Hinesville, this park has many amenities including the Veterans Memorial Walk, a playground, dog park and more!
16) Explore Cay Creek Wetlands Interpretive Center. 🌿
With a boardwalk that stretches 7/10ths of a mile it takes visitors through multiple ecosystems ranging from freshwater wetlands to the saltwater marsh!
17) Enjoy a self-guided driving tour of the City of Flemington. 🚘
This tour takes you to 12 different historic locations to showcase the incredible architecture of this charming city.
18) Walk along the Historic Baptismal Trail. 🍃
This site was an active holy place for over 100 years! Learn the full history of the trail and about the nature and wildlife that inhabit it from the signage that is dispersed throughout.
19) Watch the sunrise at Jones Creek Park. 🌅
Being a coastal community means our sunrises and sunsets are top notch! Jones Creek Park is the perfect place to see the beauty of the sun rising above the water.
20) Check out our community calendar to see what free events are going on whenever you #ExploreLiberty! 📆
Everyone knows that the best way to immerse yourself in a community is to become a part of it! If you’re planning on visiting, check out this calendar to see what fun things you can do while you’re here.
What are you waiting for?! Clear your weekend calendar and get ready to #ExploreLiberty and have some fun. Don’t forget to take photos to document your trip and use our #ExploreLiberty hashtag when posting on social media. See y’all soon!