25th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade
The Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade is the talk of the county when this time of year comes around! Every year we have over 15,000 people show up to watch the parade. The parade is on Friday, December 3rd starting at 6:30pm in downtown Hinesville.
The theme from this year’s Christmas parade is “Party like its 1996,” a pretty special title for a pretty special year. Why you ask? The first ever Illuminated Christmas Parade was held in 1996! In order to celebrate our 25th anniversary, we decided to have a blast from the past and celebrate with a 90’s theme!
Here are a few things to remember when attending the parade:
- Bring a chair if you don’t want to sit on the ground!
- Be aware of the weather. Bring a blanket, because it may be chilly. Who knows, you may even need an umbrella!
- Stay out of the streets at all times.
- Make sure you get there early so that you can get a good seat. Remember that the streets get blocked off!
- Be respectful to those around you! Everyone is coming to enjoy the Christmas season and have a good time.
- Don’t forget to pack snacks! The parade starts at 6:30pm which is right around supper time. This is the perfect time for you to try one of our delicious restaurants downtown like Zum Rosenhoff!
- If you’re choosing to sit on the other side of the route and want something quick then you can try something like Baldinos, Jimmy John’s or Tropical Smoothie Café!
There will be live television coverage from WTOC, as well as other media coverage outlets, both to cover the event and to promote it! We are so excited to execute an event that so many people get to enjoy. We always appreciate the immense support from everyone that comes out to watch the parade, everyone who volunteers and every single person that makes the Christmas parade happen each year!
Y’all get ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the show! We hope you have fun watching the parade! There will be tons of participants from our local community, so the parade will be fun in more ways than one. You can people watch and see if you spot your friends and check out the new businesses or clubs that you might not have known about. Rumor has it, Santa is even making a special appearance!
You can sing Christmas carols while they parade rolls by, get in to the Christmas spirit and help the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce celebrate 25 years of Christmas parade magic! For any more information on the parade, be sure to check the Liberty Chamber Facebook page!