9 Ways to Know You’re from Liberty County
Reminiscing on where you grew up is a great pastime. For those originally from Liberty County we thought long and hard about this list & want to know are you truly from Liberty County? If you grew up here, you knew of all the local spots to hang out at. Over the years, things have been added and removed, but that doesn’t erase the memories that were made. Here are 9 ways to know you’re from Liberty County:
- You know where the good dirt roads are, how to get to them & when it’s best to ride them
- You know where the Tastee Freeze was (and that’s not Dairy Queen!)
- You remember getting your gas pumped at Phillip’s 66
- You ever saw a movie at Brice Cinemas
- You ever ate breakfast in a cup or turkey & dressin’ at Poole’s Deli
- You remember eating Sunday lunch after church at Malick’s
- You ever went to the skating rink where Connection Church is now
- You remember when there was only one high school
- You know where, “The old Walmart” use to be. (Where Harbor Freight is currently)
- You can remember Hwy 84 only being 2 lanes (bonus point if you remember any major roads being dirt)
If you checked 0-3 boxes, you’re likely not from Liberty County
If you checked 4-7 boxes, you might be from Liberty County
If you checked 8-10 boxes, you’re definitely from Liberty County!
There are so many fond memories that were made and memories that will be made in Liberty County. Restaurants, shops and gas stations may have changed but the love for our county has not. If you’re looking to make some more memories, check out our other Right Blend blogs to help you along the way! We can make you into a local in no time!