Family Fun in July
Summer is in full swing, and by now the novelty of not having to go to school has probably worn off for the youngsters. Break up the monotony of video games and television, get the kids out doing fun activities in the community. You’ll be glad they’re out of the house, and they’ll be happy to try something new!
- Try an art class! The arts are booming in Liberty County and there is a class for everyone’s interest. Take the kids for a stroke by stroke painting class with Mr. Paul, or try a black light painting class with Christina Mansfield for something new at the Hinesville Area Arts Council! You might also check out Hobby Lobby’s classes for sewing and art too!
2. Take them to a movie. Liberty Cinemas will be hosting early morning movies on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the summer for younger kids. Admission is only $1.50! Fort Stewart MWR will be showing a Movie Under the Stars at Holbrook Pond on July 22, this month’s feature is The Secret Life of Pets. Movie starts 15 minutes after sunset!
3. Hit the swimming pool! Both the YMCA and the Recreation Department have public pools open during the day. If your kids are anything like ours, the pool is a surefire way to have a good time! They’ll spend hours splashing around the pool and leave hungry and tired! Stop by Island Café for a smoothie on the way home!
4.Visit a museum. This is a favorite of ours, but I’m sure you know that by now! We always encourage a historical visit every now and then. A trip to a museum or historic site will encourage some learning, in a sneaky way! Their little minds will be absorbing new information without even realizing it! Try the Independent Telecommunications Pioneer Association (ITPA) museum in Hinesville for your own amusement. You can take a trip down memory lane, and the rascals will love seeing the “ancient” telephones. Afterwards take a walk around Bryant Commons or throw a Frisbee!
Garfield Telephone at ITPA Museum
5. Try rock hunting! This is a new activity in our community. First, you’ll need to snag a few rocks from your front yard and paint them with your own creative designs. We did this in our office and even as adults it was pretty fun! Then go out and hide them in obvious places for others to find. You’ll start seeing other rocks hidden all over town. Join the Liberty County Ga Rock Hunting group on Facebook to get in on the fun!
6. Come to our water slide party! We will have a water slide on our front lawn for the kiddos to enjoy July 14 from 2-6pm! Beat the heat, and get the kids playing in the water. We’ll have hamburgers and hot dogs, too! The best part is it’s FREE!
Erin Johnson, Creative & Content Coordinator
-The Right Blend Blog is written by three different authors employed by the Liberty County Chamber/CVB. As we are able, we rotate weeks and each write about our individual experiences, opinions and let our writing reflect our personalities and creativity. All content provided on The Right Blend blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.