Game Day Recipes and Hangout Spots
Football season is finally back and it is a big favorite for most in Liberty County. Great food and a cold beverage are both keys to a great game day. Whether you like to watch the game from the comfort of your couch or head out to your favorite local hangout, we have got some great recommendations for you! If you are one of those fans that likes to watch the game at home, be sure to try out a few of our game day favorites.
Game Day Recipes
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¾ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, pepper Jack cheese, ranch dressing, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder in large bowl until well blended. Gently fold in shredded chicken.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 13x9in baking dish. Smooth top and sprinkle evenly with blue cheese.
- Bake until center is hot and edges are bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
*If you are not a big blue cheese fan, you can omit it and the dip will taste just as good!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Peppers
- 1- 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 jalapenos, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- 8 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, salt and Worcestershire sauce. Fill each of the jalapeno halves with 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Cut each slide of bacon in half. Wrap each jalapeno in a piece of bacon and insert a toothpick to hold the bacon in place; place on baking sheet.
- Bake until bacon is cooked through and cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before removing the toothpicks.
- Serve and enjoy!
Our Local Game Day Hangouts
Boasting the largest screen TV in Hinesville, Doodles Billiards is most often thought about for their pool tables and poker tournaments. Aside from their activities, their food is great! With a full bar and the largest tap beer selection in Hinesville, they can create the flavor you crave! This spot is sure a hit to enjoy the game, tasty wings or pizza and an ice-cold beer. Owners Erica and Clay Anderson stay busy, but are never too busy to remember your favorite beverage or lend a timely joke to make you laugh.
Melody’s Coastal Café
This great local restaurant in Midway is sure to have something to please every palate! With an arcade to keep the kids occupied, as well as tv’s and a large beer selection they cannot be beat. We recommend the parmesan garlic wings; they are to die for!
Sunbury Crab Company
Sunbury Crab Company’s waterfront view compliments any game nicely. We have heard that the local’s favorite is the Shrimp Nachos with an ice-cold beer. After the game, be sure to take a walk out on the dock and soak in the beautiful view.
Be sure to stop by one of these local spots to cheer on your team on gameday or try one of our recipes!