|Georgia Power assures customers safe and reliable service will continue during COVID-19 pandemic
As the COVID-19 coronavirus continues to spread, Georgia Power wants to assure customers that the company has comprehensive plans and procedures to ensure a continuation of operations and service. The company’s detailed plans ensure readiness of the critical personnel and facilities necessary to continue providing the safe and reliable energy our customers expect and deserve.
“Our teams are always prepared to respond in challenging situations and I am confident we will continue to meet the needs of our customers during this unprecedented time. It’s what we do,” said Paul Bowers, chairman, president and CEO of Georgia Power. “Georgia Power’s operational plans, systems, infrastructure and generating plants are all designed with reliability in mind. We remain focused on ensuring both the well-being of our employees and the continuity of services for our customers.”
Georgia Power also will temporarily suspend residential disconnections for the next 30 days, beginning tomorrow, and will reevaluate the policy and timeframe as the situation develops.
Georgia Power has been closely monitoring the potential threat posed by COVID-19 since January. Proactive actions have been taken to both prevent the spread of the illness and protect the safety and health of employees, including:
- Implementing telecommuting for those who can perform their duties remotely
- Cancelling facility tours and external meetings
- Increasing cleaning frequency at company locations
- Aggressively sanitizing work areas
- Cancelling all non-essential business travel – both domestic and international
- Asking employees to self-identify, if they have or plan to travel internationally
- Using technology for meetings
The company has regularly provided information and updates on the virus to employees, including prevention recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and is following the latest developments and updates from public health officials and medical professionals.
|A Message from Georgia Power CEO, Paul Bowers
At Georgia Power, we understand that you are counting on us to provide safe and reliable energy every minute of the day – especially during this challenging time as we all work to understand what COVID-19 means for our communities, our state and our nation.
I want to assure you that every action we are taking is for you – our customer – to ensure that the uninterrupted energy you need to keep your daily life running is there as we all endure the uncertainty of COVID-19.
- Taking preventive measures to keep our teams healthy and ready to respond as the spring storm season approaches.
- Focused on stopping scammers looking to take advantage of customers during these times. If you have questions or doubts about a call you have received, contact us immediately at 888-660-5890.
- Continuing our efforts to be a citizen wherever we serve by partnering with service organizations to provide assistance as needed to help our customers with the uncertainty today.
We are more than your energy provider; we are your partner and together we will overcome these challenges – that’s what we do. I encourage you to visit GeorgiaPower.com to keep up to date with our efforts.
Rest assured that all of us at Georgia Power are here to serve our communities and will continue to focus on providing safe and reliable energy 24/7 for our customers during these unprecedented times.