How to Explore Liberty on a Rainy Day
Have you ever found yourself bored and trapped indoors on a rainy day? Believe it or not, there are lots of ways to explore Liberty County, even when the weather is a little gloomy. Even though binge watching a show on Netflix can be nice, we recommend grabbing a few friends or going out on your own to discover some of our hometown hidden gems! Grab a rain coat and umbrella, and let us tell you how to #ExploreLiberty on a rainy day.
Check out local art and get inspired to be creative!
- Located in downtown Hinesville is Liberty County’s local art gallery, the Hinesville Area Arts Council. Each month, the gallery hosts a new exhibit that features some of our very own local artists. You can swing by to check out the awesome art, but be sure to come back on a sunny day and take a picture in front of the county’s only mural that is on the side of the building!
- You can even get your creativity flowing by signing up for one of the Bob Ross Oil Painting classes with Ms. Nancy!
Pick up a good book and a coffee.
- A rainy day is a perfect time to curl up on your couch and get lost in a good book. Visit Live Oak Public Libraries and browse their huge selection of books!
- Haunted Grounds Coffee has delicious brews and a fun, spooky atmosphere. Grab a drink to-go or hang out in their cozy lounge area to read your book.
#ShopSmall at one of our many boutiques and shops!
- Molly Maxine is also located in downtown Hinesville, and this boutique is Liberty County’s only Merle Norman retailer. Grab all of the skincare that you need to protect your face from the sun this spring and pick out a cute outfit or accessories while you’re there!
- If you’re into anime, comic books and other beloved characters, visit Green Lotus Dreams and browse their large selection of Funko Pops, Loungefly bags and figurines.
- If you like local, handmade goods check out all of the goodies at Martin Mercantile featuring the Robin’s Nest! Here you can find all sorts of products, such as natural cleaning supplies from K&M Xtreme Clean, scented candles from The Diamond Life Home & handmade clay earrings!
Have some fun!
- Visit It’s All About Me Selfie Studio for an interactive photo experience with over 20 different themes, backdrops and props. You can even have a team member guide you through and be your personal photographer during the session!
- Or you can play a game of billiards at Doodles and enjoy a delicious cocktail and some friendly competition. Don’t forget to turn on your favorite song using Touch Tunes while you wait for your next turn.
- Rainy days are the best to decompress. Book an appointment with Baker Girls Beauty, Relaxation & Recovery Retreat for a full-body massage! You’ll leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Who wants to do their makeup on a rainy day? Not us! The Beauty Bar offers permanent makeup application, waxing and spray tans. You won’t have to worry about your lipstick smudging in the rain anymore.
Try a new cultural restaurant!
- Located in Hinesville, Massa African Restaurant has a wide selection of items on their menu, including oxtails and Egussi spinach! You definitely won’t want to miss out on their cinnamon and powdered sugar covered donuts for dessert!
- Who doesn’t love Latin cuisine? Stop by D’Corner Latin Restaurant to try their delicious Cubano sandwiches and Tres Leches cake!