How to Explore Liberty on a Rainy Day
Sleeping and watching Netflix are two of the most popular activities on a rainy day, but sometimes it’s a missed opportunity to discover new things all around you! Rainy days can be made better by getting off of your couch to see what’s out there. There are lots of different activities that y’all can do around Liberty County that are indoors and away from the rain! Check out some of them below.
Check out local art!
- Located in downtown Hinesville is Liberty County’s local art gallery, the Hinesville Area Arts Council. The gallery hosts a new exhibit opening each month that features local artists. Check out the awesome art, and come back on a sunny day to take a picture in front of the county’s only mural that is on the side of the building!
Pick up a good book.
- Visit Live Oak Public Library and browse their huge selection of books! A rainy day is a perfect time to curl up on your couch and get lost in a good book.
Learn about Liberty County History & visit a local museum.
- The ITPA National Office in Museum was formerly located in Washington D.C. and has now made its home beneath the oak trees draped in Spanish moss right in Hinesville. Visit the museum and learn how we went from the wall-mounted, hand-cranked telephones to mobile smart devices!
- Located on Fort Stewart is the 3rd Infantry Division Museum. This museum tells the unique story of the progression from Camp Stewart to what is now the largest military installation east of the Mississippi!
#ShopSmall at one of our many boutiques!
- If you like local, handmade goods check out all of the goodies at Martin Mercantile featuring the Robin’s Nest! They have tons of neat products such as cleaning products from K&M Xtreme Clean, the best smelling candles from The Diamond Life Home & our favorite clay earrings!
- Located in Walthourville is Dawson’s General Store. They just expanded to a two-story retail shopping section, they also have all of the feed and seed that you may need. Make sure you stop by Bootleggers Package Store too, it’s right next door!
- Molly Maxine is also located in downtown Hinesville, and they’re Liberty County’s only Merle Norman retailer. Grab all of the skincare that you need to protect your face from the sun and pick out an outfit while you’re there!
Treat yourself to some self-care!
- Rainy days are the best to decompress. Book an appointment with Baker Girls Beauty, Relaxation & Recovery Retreat for a full-body massage! You’ll leave feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Go get a pedicure at Stella Nail Lounge! Turn on your massage chair and allow yourself to be pampered for an hour or so, and you can even book online to skip the wait.
Try a new restaurant.
- Located in Midway, Melody’s Coastal Café has a wide selection of items on their menu, including New York style pizza! We hear it’s amazing. Go grab a slice… or two.
- Who doesn’t love southern comfort food? Stop by one of Margie’s Southern Cooking’s two locations and grab a plate of food that tastes just like what your grand-mama would make!
If you do decide to spend your rainy day inside, you can still #ExploreLiberty on your TV screen by checking out movies and tv shows that were filmed locally!