How to Plan a Road Trip to Liberty County
How Do I Get to Liberty County?
Liberty County is easy to get to from any direction! Going south or north on Interstate 95, we are off exit 76 and 67. We are 35 miles south of Savannah, 56 miles north of Brunswick & 117 miles north of Jacksonville, FL.
What Should I pack for Liberty County?
-When you pack your car, make sure you grab…(for the kids)
- Coloring pages: Liberty County coloring pages are available to print for your kids to get them excited about visiting our coastal community!
- Snacks: Make sure you have plenty of easy snacks like chips, fruit and drinks.
-In your luggage, make sure you pack…
Depending on what time of the year you visit us here on the coast these items would be great to have: sunblock, hats, sunglasses and bug spray. Make sure you pack a good pair of flip flops, tennis shoes and light weight clothing because it’s warm here almost all year.
What Should I Bring for Fun in Liberty County?
-Bring your bike for…
- Bryant commons: A 150-acre park waiting for you to come take a ride! There is a trail around the part that is perfect for you to embrace the beautiful nature of Liberty County.
- Fort Morris: Ride among the earthen works that once provided security to soldiers during the Revolutionary War. Along this trail you’ll have a view of St. Catherines Island, liberty County’s barrier island.
- James Brown Park: In addition to its many outdoor sporting activities, James Brown Park has a tucked away 1-mile cycling trail that take you on a route through the park. Come enjoy the breeze and maybe even a softball game!
-Bring your frisbee for…
Bryant Commons also has disc golf around the 15-acre pond that is located in the middle of the park.
-Bring your kayak for…
Along with your kayak, you can definitely bring your canoe, boat or paddle board.
- Jones Creek Park: This gorgeous park in Midway has a small landing for access to the water. Kayakers with some experience will enjoy putting in here and paddling around Jones Creek.
- Riceboro Dock: You can spend the day kayaking this small creek that feeds into the larger Cay Creek. This particular spot is a local favorite for fishing.
- Sunbury Crab Co.: This dock at the Sunbury Crab Co. has direct access to the intracoastal waterway so keep those tides in mind. Sunbury Crab Co. also offers kayak rental.
Before you come to Liberty County, be sure to check our Sites, Bites & Things to Do to experience the best that Liberty County has to offer! If you’re looking for tips & tricks or hidden gems of Liberty County then check out our other Right Blend blogs.