Informing the Public
· Keep the public informed through direct communication.
· Assist in website maintenance.
· Specific projects will include: membership database update and app update.
· Prepare electronic newsletters
· Prepare and send mass mailings
· Answer phone calls.
· May represent the organization at public meetings and plan for the organization’s presence at conferences or community events.
· Conduct exhibits in order to increase awareness and to promote goodwill for the organization.
Skills, Abilities and Personal Traits
· Strong writing skills are a must and should be proficient in Microsoft Office products.
· Photography skills are a plus.
· Strong grammar, spelling and punctuation skills.
· Need to be an outgoing, detail-oriented individual with strong communication abilities.
· Must work well under stress and be able to meet tight deadlines.
· Develop creative ideas in relation to projects
· Plan and organize projects and work tasks
· Present information clearly and concisely to various audiences
· Work independently with minimal supervision on a continual basis
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and other interested and affected parties
· Demonstrate integrity, ingenuity and inventiveness in the performance of assigned tasks.
· Exercise sound judgment in safeguarding confidential or sensitive information.
· The primary duties of this job are performed in a general office environment.
Essential Physical Abilities:
· Sufficient personal mobility, flexibility, and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee/intern to bend or stoop repeatedly, sit or stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an office environment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field (or similar experience)
· One to three years’ experience in marketing, event planning or the like, preferably in a nonprofit, public policy, or advocacy-oriented setting.
This person will be expected to attend and be able to participate in community functions, be at ease in community social functions and be well groomed and professionally attired. Working at a high level of support, this person possesses excellent communication and customer service skills, and has a proven ability to multitask. They are flexible, innovative, task-oriented and take initiative, recognizing that the work environment is dynamic, fluid and ever-changing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour