Nature lovers bucket list for Liberty County
Spring is in full swing and we are loving it! We’re just as happy as can be to soak up a little sunshine and feel the grass under our feet. The temperatures are perfect, the flowers are in full bloom (and if the weather could make up its mind they might stay that way!) and the days are getting longer. The perfect mix for a fantastic day on the Georgia coast! Spending the day outside has become a latest favorite hobby so we thought we’d share a few of our favorite places to enjoy being outdoors!
Photo by Jeff Jones
- Hit the water & see if you can spot some dolphins. A definite coastal favorite, we all love when we spot these lovable creatures gliding through the water. Dolphins are often spotted by boaters in the intracoastal waterway, and they frequent the creeks along the coast as they teach their young how to fish.
- Head over to Bryant Commons for a picnic. Don’t be fooled by its location in the middle of the Hinesville, this park is a quiet hideaway. Pack a lunch, throw down a blanket and forget about the busy streets beyond while you’re enjoying this natural retreat.
- High tide on the coast may be when you watch for dolphins, but low tide has its fun too! If you’ve even been to Jones Creek park at low tide, you can see the snails peaking up on the marsh grass and collect a piece of driftwood or two!
- Go fishing! There are some great places to catch a few fish for both freshwater & saltwater anglers. Check out our list of favorites here!
- Hit up a nature trail for the day! Try one you’ve been to or check all of them out!
- Watch the sun set on the coast. If y’all thought we’d leave this one out, you’re crazy. Arguably one of our favorite pastimes here, this is just the best way to end the day. Find a comfy spot and just sit back and relax! There’s just nothing better than the simplicity of ending the day watching the sky fade from its normal bright blue to Easter egg worthy pastels before the sun goes to bed.
- Pick some fresh fruit at Brewers Christmas Tree farm. This one is perfect for those summer afternoons with the kids. Here you and the gang can enjoy collecting a bucket full of blueberries or scuppernong grapes for the family. Head home and make a pie or jelly or maybe even some sangria!
- Start your own garden. Start small with a few bushes or if your more experienced, go big with a full-on vegetable garden! My family decided to start small in our own yard recently and it was both a fun day outside for us & a huge facelift for our home! Head on over to Farmers Natural Foods, Stacy’s Florist or American Fence & Feed to pick up your supplies and spruce up your yard.
Photo by Tammy Lee Bradley
Stay tuned all of you nature lovers, as this season continues on and turns into summer more outdoor fun will start to pop up! Earth Day with Keep Liberty Beautiful also is just a few weeks away, this is a great opportunity for the kids to learn about the environment & have some fun. During the Summer, many organizations will also host camps for the little nature lover in your life, Fort Morris & the YMCA to be specific! Keep those kiddos active! Stay in the know with all of these events by following us on social media for Live in Liberty and check out our calendar!
-Erin Johnson, Creative & Content Manager for the Liberty County CVB
The Right Blend Blog is written by two different authors employed by the Liberty County Chamber/CVB. As we are able, we rotate weeks and each writes about our individual experiences, opinions and let our writing reflect our personalities and creativity. All content provided on The Right Blend blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.