School Is Out, Summer Camp Fun Is In Session
Photo courtesy of YMCA of Coastal GA – Liberty County Branch
As the school year comes to a close parents are left scrambling to find cool ways to entertain the kids outside of the house. Don’t worry, Liberty County has tons of entertaining and educational summer camps that the kids are sure to find at least one that they love. Check out some of these fun summer camps and remain updated on everything Liberty County has to offer this summer on our calendar.
- Camp Invention
- Dates: June 3-7
- Time: 8AM-2:30PM
- Cost: $230
- About: Camp Invention is a high-energy, hands-on STEM camp that focuses on creative problem solving, STEM application, innovation and confidence building. This camp is available to all children entering grades K-6. Parents must register by calling 1-800-968-4332. The first 50 Lyman Hall students to register are free!
- STEM Camp Submersible Robotics
- Dates: June 5-6 & 10-14
- Times: 9AM-2PM
- Cost: Free of charge and open to all upcoming 7th and 8th grade students. An application and 2 teacher recommendations must be submitted for consideration. The host school is Lewis Frasier Middle School. For more information email email@example.com.
- Marsh View Bible Camp
- Dates: Day Camp (Ages 6-12) June 3-7; Junior Camp (Ages 8-12) June 16-21; Teen Camp (Ages 13-18) June 23-28
- Costs: Day Camp: Free Junior/Teen Camp: $125
- About: Your kids will love to get away for a week at this camp! They will enjoy activities like kickball and ultimate Frisbee, as well as horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, fishing, Bible memory, Christian fellowship and craft projects. Junior/Teen camp is a sleep away camp so be sure to pack the flash light and sleeping bag for an experience your camper is sure to remember! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to apply.
- Fort Morris Jr. Ranger Camp
- Date: June 17-21
- Time: 9AM-2PM
- Cost: $75 per Ranger
- About: Send the kids off to be park rangers for the week! Campers will participate in nature activities, craft projects, historical demonstrations and more. This camp is open for kids ages 7-12 to learn about the history of Fort Morris and its role in the Revolutionary War. Call 912-884-5999 to register.Photo courtesy of Fort Morris Historic Site
- YMCA Camp
- Date: Monday-Friday All Summer
- Time: 6:30AM-6PM
- Cost: $90/ week for members, $145/ week for non-members plus a$45 registration fee
- About: Campers ages 5 & up will enjoy a host of special events and activities throughout the summer. Campers will get the opportunity to go swimming, play racquetball and basketball, explore nature and do arts & crafts. In addition to daily activities, your kiddos will go on a weekly field trip! Breakfast and lunch provided after first week. For more information, visit https://ymcaofcoastalga.org/summerdaycamp.
- Liberty Co. Recreation Department Summer Day Camp
- Date: Monday-Friday All Summer
- Time: 7:30AM-6:00PM
- Cost: $75/Week
- About: The Liberty County Recreation Department holds camps throughout the summer for children ages 6-14. This program provides fun activities including a host of field trips, swim lessons, football, baseball, soccer or basketball camp. For more information, contact Camp Director at the Shuman Recreation Center, 877-7557, or call the LCRD Director at 876-5343.
The Right Blend Blog is written by multiple different authors employed by the Liberty County Chamber/CVB. All content provided on The Right Blend blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.