Six Ways to Celebrate Valentine’s Day in Liberty County
Whether you are more comfortable in nature or the hustle and bustle of the city, there’s something for everyone to do this Valentine’s Day in Liberty County. We pride ourselves for being on the Georgia coast, with lots of local history, but there are also tons of local businesses that would be happy to help you make the day special. We hope you enjoy our top 6 ways to celebrate locally!
1. Take your sweetie out for a delicious meal. Wine & dine your better half at Thunder Run’s Valentine’s Day Dinner with four courses and dessert! Or cozy up to your sweetie in one of the Pour House’s booths over a delicious meal of local seafood and a cold beverage. Score some bonus points by getting a surprise trinket from Thomas Hill Jewelers located in historic downtown Hinesville.
2. Have a picnic and enjoy one of Liberty County’s beautiful sunsets. Pack a basket full of your favorite goodies, grab a blanket and head out to Jones Creek Park for a romantic dinner for two. Your Valentine will love snuggling up to you as y’all watch the sky change colors. Wrap up the evening by enjoying a couple of Southern Sweets delicious brownies for dessert!
3. Get a couples massage. Reserve a spot with Hinesville Day Spa and try a Swedish massage for you and your honey. Not only will it be romantic, but it will also be relaxing. Ahhh! Top off the night with some champagne and chocolate covered strawberries from Delectable Fruits!
4. Go for a drive. We have miles and miles of beautiful dirt roads to get lost on here in Liberty County. Surprise your special someone with a bouquet of roses from Stacy’s Florist and make a playlist of your favorite songs to listen to as you travel from city to tree lined roads and back again.
5. Plan a Stay-cation. What’s more romantic than a surprise stay-cation!? Head over to the Davis House Bed & Breakfast for a mini getaway. You and your sweetheart can take a second to catch up and unwind in one of their beautiful rooms. Wake up to a delicious breakfast before heading back to reality, which may be just down the road.
6. Cook Dinner. Going out of your way to make your Valentine their favorite dinner is always a winner in our book. Check out the Liberty CVB YouTube channel for recipes from fried chicken to pound cake. You can even tune in tomorrow for a delicious Valentine’s Day dessert of Strawberries with Dumplings! Yum!
-Erin Johnson, Creative & Content Coordinator for the Liberty County CVB