Sweet Iced Tea with a Kick
June 10th is National Iced Tea Day, and everyone knows that the South has many delicacies but none as special as sweet tea! Coca-Cola and Kentucky bourbon are typically known as “southern” but none of them are as widely loved & appreciated as a cold glass of tea. We may be bias, but we think that the best way to enjoy a southern beverage is to mix two of them together.
Bourbon spiked peach tea is one of our all-time favorites! The sweet tea and bourbon paired with some fresh Georgia peaches make the perfect beverage to cool you off on these hot summer nights! We decided to share the recipe with y’all, so that you can try it out yourself.
- Bourbon Spiked Peach Tea Recipe
- 1 tea bag or a scoop of loose tea
- 2 cups of water
- Pure cane syrup to taste
- 1 shot of bourbon (1.5 ounces)
- 2 peach slices
- Pour 2 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add tea bag and peach slices & bring to a boil.
- Just as water comes to a boil, remove from heat & cover to steep.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour tea into pitcher & add syrup to taste. (If using loose tea, you will either need to strain the tea leaves or put them in a tea infuser.)
- Stir well.
- Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- Pour tea over ice, add 1 shot of bourbon & stir.
The perfect glass of sweet iced tea is like a religion down here. We’d be willing to bet that you’ve never had one quite as good as this! Come #ExploreLiberty, and we’ll make you a glass of your own.