Who is your Coordinator of First Impressions, 6 things you probably didn’t know
We decided to continue our blogs for the next couple of weeks in the same vein as last time, letting you in on who your Chamber/CVB staff really is. Last week we heard from Valerie and this week it’s all about Mary, our Coordinator of First Impressions. Mary has been with us for 4 years, and we couldn’t imagine a day anymore without her!
So, here’s 6 things you probably didn’t know about Mary.
- She has CDL license, and she can drive a semi. If that’s not scary enough, she drove a chemical tanker for 11 months!
- She worked in a pharmacy for 10 ½ years as a pharmacy technician. While at this job she helped deliver hospital beds and worked on anything that needed to be fixed. Mary is the handiest person we know!
- She is scuba qualified and went scuba diving in Panama once, however, she can’t swim and she’s scared of the water. Yes, you just SMH ?
- She loves watching old tv shows like Andy Griffith, Designing Women, Will & Grace and The Golden Girls. And she will literally watch them over and over.
- When she was 13 she learned how to ride motorcycles. Later in life she bought her own!
- On the coldest night of the year when she and her family were stationed at Fort Jackson, she replaced a starter on a 1976 Chevy Blazer after everyone else was asleep. She learned how to do this from her father. He was a tank mechanic and when Mary was little she loved crawling under cars and watching him work on anything and everything.
We hope you learned something new about your Coordinator of First Impressions and that our attempt at telling you about us helps you to see us all in a new light!
-Leah Poole, CEO for the Liberty County Convention & Visitor’s Bureau and the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce
The Right Blend Blog is written by two different authors employed by the Liberty County Chamber/CVB. As we are able, we rotate weeks and each writes about our individual experiences, opinions and let our writing reflect our personalities and creativity. All content provided on The Right Blend blog is for informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.