A Liberty County Drink Recipe for Each Season
In Liberty County, we have a signature cocktail for every occasion! When making these beverages, we’re sure to incorporate some of our favorite things into each one. They’re all delicious and crafted to perfection. Keep reading to find a recipe for every season!
Winter is not complete without a beverage to keep you warm! Zum Rosenhof is an authentic German restaurant located in downtown Hinesville, and they serve the best cup of Glühwein you’ve ever tasted. Glühwein is a spiced German beverage made from GlühFix, a naturally pure mulled wine spice mixture. Want to make a cup of your own? Grab some GlühFix at Zum Rosenhof’s very own German grocery store, SpeiseKammer, located right next door to the restaurant.
Here’s how to make a delicious cup of Glühwein:
- 1 bottle wine, burgundy
- 1/2 liter of water
- 5-6 bags of GlühFix
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 orange cut into 1/4 slices
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- Put everything in a pot.
- Heat it up for at least 20 minutes or even hours in a slow cooker. Be sure not to boil!
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
- Das ist lecker!
If we’re really lucky, spring time is full of everyone’s favorite weather – sunny and 75 degrees! The best way to enjoy the amazing weather is with a refreshing cocktail. Our blood orange mimosa is the perfect addition to a cool spring evening!
Mix up a Blood Orange Mimosa:
- 4 oz of champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 blood orange (freshly squeezed)
- Rosemary for garnish
- Champagne flute
- Juice and strain 1 blood orange & set aside.
- Pour 4 oz of champagne into a flute.
- Mix in 1 oz of your freshly squeezed blood orange juice.
- Add your rosemary on top to garnish & enjoy!
A cold glass of bourbon-spiked peach tea is one of our all-time favorite drinks! The sweet tea and bourbon paired with fresh Georgia peaches make the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot summer night.
Make the perfect glass of Bourbon Spiked Peach Tea:
- 1 tea bag or a scoop of loose tea
- 2 cups of water
- Pure cane syrup to taste
- 1 shot of bourbon (1.5 ounces)
- 2 peach slices
- Pour 2 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add tea bag & peach slices & bring to a boil.
- Just as water comes to a boil, remove from heat & cover to steep.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour tea into pitcher & add syrup to taste. (If using loose tea, you will either need to strain the tea leaves or put them in a tea infuser.)
- Stir well.
- Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- Pour tea over ice, add 1 shot of bourbon & stir.
Check out this super yummy take on a Bloody Mary that our friend Bianca Croft put together. We love this recipe because we can find many of the ingredients locally at Mo’s Produce Stand, located at the intersection of Highway’s 84 and 196.
Craft a Bloody Mary Perfect for Cool Weather:
- 1 tbsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- 4 oz Vodka
- 2 oz of Clam Juice
- 6 oz Bloody Mary mix
- Prepare Your Glass: Start with a 12-ounce glass (high ball) and rub a lime wedge around the rim. Spread your Old Bay seasoning onto a plate, and dip the rim of your glass into the seasoning. Be sure to get it evenly coated!
- Shake It Up: In a shaker combine vodka, clam juice and Bloody Mary mix and give it a good shake.
- Pour: Add ice to your glass and pour your now mixed Bloody Mary in.
- Garnish: The garnish is one of our favorite parts of a Bloody Mary as it lets you get creative! We recommend a slice of bacon, fresh or pickled okra, a tabasco pepper, garlic chive bloom and a lime wedge. Looking for other popular toppings that you can find locally? Pick up some wild Georgia shrimp, olives, chunks of cheese, cherry tomatoes or even mini sliders.
Grab everything you need to make yourself one of our favorite cocktails. No matter what season it is, we can guarantee you’ll love each one of these tasty beverages! If you want a professional to make your drink for you, come #ExploreLiberty and we’ll be happy to do it. You’ll be coming back each season for more!