A Drink Recipe for Each Season
In Liberty County, we have a signature cocktail for each season! Incorporating some of our favorite things and places into each. They’re all delicious and crafted to enjoy. Keep reading to find out how to make them!
Winter is not complete without a cocktail to warm you up! Zum Rosenhof is an authentic German restaurant located in downtown Hinesville, and they serve the best cup of Glühwein you’ve ever tasted. Glühwein is a spiced German beverage made from GlühFix, a naturally pure mulled wine spice mixture that can be bought at Zum Rosenhof’s very own German grocery store, SpeiseKammer. The grocery store is located right next door to the restaurant, so it’ll be easy to find. After you’ve indulged in a glass of Glühwein made by Zum, you can head over to buy the ingredients to make a pot for yourself. It’ll definitely keep you warm!
Here’s how to make a delicious cup of Glühwein:
- 1 bottle wine, burgundy
- 1/2 liter of water
- 5-6 bags of GlühFix
- 3 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 orange cut into 1/4 slices
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- Put everything in a pot
- Heat it up for at least 20 minutes or even hours in a slow cooker. Be sure not to boil!
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
Das ist lecker!
If we’re really lucky, spring time is full of everyone’s favorite weather – sunny and 75 degrees! The best way to enjoy the perfect weather is with brunch. Our blood orange mimosa cocktail is the perfect addition to spruce up any meal, especially in the spring.
Blood Orange Mimosa
- 4oz of champagne or sparkling wine
- 1 blood orange (freshly squeezed)
- Rosemary for garnish
- Champagne flute
- Juice and strain 1 blood orange & set aside.
- Pour 4 oz of champagne into a flute.
- Mix in 1oz of your freshly squeezed blood orange juice.
Add your rosemary on top to garnish & enjoy!
Everyone knows that the South has many delicacies but none as special as sweet tea! Coca-Cola and Kentucky bourbon are typically known as “southern” but none of them are as widely loved & appreciated as a cold glass of tea. We may be bias, but we think that the best way to enjoy a southern beverage is to mix two of them together.
Bourbon spiked peach tea is one of our all-time favorites. The sweet tea and bourbon paired with some fresh Georgia peaches make the perfect drink to cool you off on a hot summer night!
Bourbon Spiked Peach Tea
- 1 tea bag or a scoop of loose tea
- 2 cups of water
- Pure cane syrup to taste
- 1 shot of bourbon (1.5 ounces)
- 2 peach slices
- Pour 2 cups of water in a small saucepan.
- Add tea bag and peach slices & bring to a boil.
- Just as water comes to a boil, remove from heat & cover to steep.
- Allow the mixture to steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour tea into pitcher & add syrup to taste. (If using loose tea, you will either need to strain the tea leaves or put them in a tea infuser.)
- Stir well.
- Allow tea to cool to room temperature.
- Pour tea over ice, add 1 shot of bourbon & stir.
The perfect glass of sweet iced tea is like a religion down here. We’d be willing to bet that you’ve never had one quite as good as this! Come #ExploreLiberty, and we’ll make you a glass of your own.
Fall is full of cooler weather in south Georgia, and after the blazing heat of summer, we welcome it with open arms. It’s the perfect weather to relax on the back porch with friends and enjoy a refreshing beverage! Check out this super yummy take on a Bloody Mary that our friend Bianca Croft put together. We love this recipe since we can find a lot of the ingredients locally at places like the Hinesville Farmers Market or the Fleming Farmers Market!
Bloody Mary Recipe Perfect for Cool Weather
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 lime sliced into wedges
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 2 ounces of Clam Juice
- 6 ounces Bloody Mary mix
- Prepare Your Glass: Start with a 12-ounce glass (high ball) and rub a lime wedge around the rim. Spread your Old Bay seasoning onto a plate, and dip the rim of your glass into the seasoning. Be sure to get it evenly coated!
- Shake It Up: In a shaker combine vodka, clam juice, and Bloody Mary mix and give it a good shake.
- Pour: Add ice to your glass and pour your now mixed Bloody Mary in.
- Garnish: The garnish is one of our favorite parts of a Bloody Mary as it lets you get creative! We recommend a slice of bacon, fresh or pickled okra, a tabasco pepper, garlic chive bloom and a lime wedge. Looking for other popular toppings that you can find locally? Pick up some wild Georgia shrimp, olives, chunks of cheese, cherry tomatoes or even mini sliders.
Break out your bartending skills, and make yourself one of our favorite cocktails! No matter what season it is, we can guarantee you’ll love each one of these tasty drinks.
If you’re feeling adventurous an even better way to try one of our favorite beverages is to come #ExploreLiberty, and let us make one for you. You’ll be coming back each season for more!