26th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade
The 26th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade lights up downtown Hinesville when the holiday season comes around! Every year over 15,000 people show up to watch the parade and enjoy the evening. On Friday, December 2 starting at 6:30pm you can watch local business & community groups & their interpretation of “Christmas Around the World!” We’re excited to see all of the dancers, cheerleaders, bands and more march their way through Hinesville! Make plans to attend and watch one of the biggest parades around with amazing entries.
Here are a few things to remember when attending the parade:
- Bring a chair if you don’t plan to sit on the ground.
- Be aware of the weather. You may need to bring a blanket because it might be chilly. Who knows, you may even need an umbrella!
- Do not go into the streets at any time.
- It will get busy downtown, so arrive early for a good spot.
- The streets downtown will close at different times, so please pay attention to road closures! You can find these on our Facebook page by clicking here.
- Be respectful to those around you! Everyone is coming to enjoy the Christmas season and have a good time.
- Don’t forget to pack snacks! The parade starts at 6:30pm which is right around supper time. This is a great time for you to try one of our delicious local restaurants like Zum Rosenhof or Tazza Kabob Grillhouse.
- There will be live television coverage from WTOC, as well as other media coverage outlets! Please be courteous and do not block the cameras on Main Street.
- Be sure to put your TV on record so that you can go back and rewatch the festivities. You may even recognize someone on the news!
- Word on the street is that there will be a very special guest riding at the very end of the parade, so you’ll want to be on the lookout for a jolly fellow in a red outfit shouting HO, HO, HO!
- You can enjoy the Christmas spirit as the parade goes by, snap pictures and help the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce celebrate 26 years of Christmas parade magic! For more information on the parade, be sure to check the Liberty Chamber Facebook page!
We are always so excited to put together an event that so many people get to enjoy. We couldn’t do it without the crowd that attends, the volunteers that help set-up and everyone else who makes this parade happen! Bring your family and friends and get ready to relax and enjoy the show! We hope you love the 26th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade as much as we do!