Game Day Recipes and Hangout Spots
Football season is full of all of our favorite F words – fall, family, food and fun! Pretty sure we can all agree that food and family are the top two favorites. Cheering on your favorite team with friends and family while enjoying your favorite appetizers is unmatched! We decided to share some of our favorite game day recipes with y’all so you can try them out, and we even added in some of the best spots around Liberty County to hangout and get some good food in case you don’t feel like cooking!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cans of chicken breast
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- ½ cup of ranch dressing
- ½ cup of blue cheese dressing
- 8oz shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of Frank’s Red Hot Original Hot Sauce or Wing Sauce
- Green onions for garnish
- 1 bag of Frito chips for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, canned chicken, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing and hot sauce in large bowl until well blended.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 1 quart baking dish. Smooth top and slide it in the oven!
- Bake until center is hot and edges are bubbly, 20-25 minutes.
- Top with more shredded cheese and add some green onions on top.
- 2lbs of ground beef
- 16oz jar of taco sauce or salsa
- 16oz of sour cream
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1oz taco seasoning mix
- 16oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1 tomato (cubed)
- 2oz can of sliced black olives
- Chips for dipping (we suggest tortilla or pita)
- Brown ground beef in a pan on the stove
- While meat is cooking mix together sour cream, softened cream cheese and taco seasoning and spread on a medium sized platter.
- Once meat is cooked, mix in your jar of taco sauce or salsa
- Add meat and sauce mixture on top of sour cream mixture.
- Add a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top of meat.
- Now layer toppings – shredded lettuce, tomatoes and top with black olives.
Our Favorite Local Hangout Spots
Looking for a spot to hangout where you can be entertained all night long? Head over to Doodles Billiards located in Hinesville. They have multiple large flat screen TVs for your viewing pleasure and at least a dozen pool tables! It’s the perfect spot to engage in some friendly competition during half-time or when your favorite game ends. Make sure you come with an empty stomach! They have delicious wings and pizza to go along with a bucket of your favorite import or domestic beer. You can’t go wrong with a game night at Doodles!
Sunbury Crab Company
Watch your weekend match up with a waterfront view! The Sunbury Crab Company is a great spot to catch a great game and eat even better seafood. Our favorite is the shrimp – fried or grilled! Pair it with a drink from the fully stocked bar, and you’ll be in heaven. Once your team wins, head out on their dock and take in the beautiful view. This is the best way to celebrate and end your night on an even better note! Make sure that you call ahead of time and make a reservation.
Melody’s Coastal Café
Can’t get everyone to agree on a gameday meal? Melody’s Coastal Café in Midway has something to will please everyone! If you’re interested in a more traditional gameday meal, order the wings and get them tossed in your favorite flavor. For those wanting to step outside of the box, try some shrimp tacos or a New Jersey Style pizza! No matter what you choose, it’ll definitely be tasty. You can even bring the kids along! They have an arcade to keep them occupied.
Try out a new recipe or ditch your couch for a new spot to hangout! No matter what you’re sure to have a great time. If you decide to stay home this Saturday, we recommend that you get out and #ExploreLiberty for the next big game! Try something new. You won’t regret it!