Getting to know Bobby Reynolds
We think it’s important to know who your Chamber & CVB staff members are, including their expertise and experiences. This series of blogs focuses on the hardworking individuals who keep things running smoothly! Keep reading to learn more about the friendly people you chat with on the phone, meet at a luncheon or network with at Business After Hours.
This week, we sat down with our Chamber Program Coordinator, Bobby Reynolds.
What’s your full name & job title
“My name is Bobby Reynolds and I am the Program Coordinator for the Liberty County Chamber of Commerce.”
Are you from Liberty County?
“Yes! I am from Hinesville, which makes me a Liberty County native through & through.” Bobby is a proud graduate of Liberty County public schools. Growing up in Liberty County, he always enjoyed the “magic of the Christmas parade,” so now he is proud to be involved in making that magic happen.
What did you do before you worked here?
“Prior to working here, I worked at a Cardiologist office in Savannah. It was a fairly fun job however I didn’t enjoy the travel back and forth. Then in June of 2022 I started working at the Chamber and it has easily been one of the best decisions I have made. My work history overall is a combination of various medical facilities and nonprofits.”
What sort of tasks do you do each day?
“I do a little bit of everything such as:
- Primary person to answer the office phone & greet visitors at the door.
- I am one of the blog writers here at the Chamber.
- I have recently taken charge of our Young Adult Liberty Leaders (YALL) program.
- Manage various social media pages such as Facebook & Pinterest.
- Coordinate catering for various Chamber events.
- Set up for Progress Through People luncheons and Eggs & Issues breakfast events.
- I am also the in-house photographer (amateur at best)
These are just a few of the many things I do.”
What does Bobby enjoy about his position?
Two days are never the same at the Chamber/CVB, and Bobby likes the excitement of working on various tasks: “I thoroughly enjoy the many aspects of my job. One day I might just have to write a few blogs & assist people that come to the door. The next day, I am putting bungee cords on a poly cart to keep the racoons out! There are so many aspects to the job that lead to opportunities for professional & personal development.”
Things you probably didn’t know about Bobby…
- He has a huge passion for the fine arts, specifically music and theatre production. He has participated in a few local productions put on by Love-It-Productions.
- He plays several instruments including: bassoon, clarinet & flute.
- In 2017 he received a silver medal for sparing in the Southeast Open Taekwon Do tournament.
Are there any spots within Liberty County that you enjoy visiting outside of work?
“I love to visit Cay Creek out in Midway & the Historic Baptismal Trail in Riceboro. I feel that this county as a whole has a little bit of everything to keep life interesting.” Bobby also likes eating at local favorite restaurants too such as Rodeo and Tazza!
We are happy to have Bobby as a member of our team. He is always excited to help people #ExploreLiberty.