Plans for 2023
The Liberty County Chamber of Commerce is just like the county it serves, unique. No other place embodies the spirit of hard work and passion quite like Liberty County. We also take extreme pride in highlighting our community and the amazing businesses that make it up. As the year draws to a close we wanted to share with you (our community) some of our plans for the new year.
We are forming a Non-Profit Foundation
In order to keep up with the growth of our community and continue our mission we have decided to start a Chamber Foundation. A chamber foundation coordinates educational resources, programs and research to advance the activities of the Chamber. Foundation initiatives allow the Chamber to collaborate with strategic partners and organizations so they are able to:
- Address key business issues.
- Extend the scope of our activities.
This has been an effective partnership for various other communities and has allowed for various opportunities to become available that would otherwise be difficult if not impossible for a chamber to achieve alone.
We are going to provide five $1000 scholarships in the New Year. These scholarships will be given in honor of Toby Mahan, a past chairman of the Chamber Board. We don’t have any further details at this time in regards to requirements but be sure to follow our Facebook page and website for the latest updates.
Community Yard Sale
Over the past year or so we have noticed an increase in yard sales in our community. There were so many in fact, that we decided to organize one major yard sale across the community. This will allow for sellers to register with us & have their yard sale placed on our community map (both virtual and paper) that we will blast out. We are looking to have this in April so be on the lookout for more information in the upcoming year!
Small World Festival
In partnership with the city of Hinesville, the Small World Festival celebrates all the various cultures that make our community the wonderful melting pot that it is. We will have a variety of food trucks, free activities for kids & live music. The festival will be held on March 4th in downtown Hinesville.
Things we are continuing
Now with all this talk of the amazing new things in the new year that we are doing, we don’t want you to think that we have forgotten about the ones we already do. Check a few of the events that we will continue and be sure to mark your calendars.
- Roots, Tunes, & Brews (formerly Blues, Brews & BBQ) has been rebranded and will be held on September 16th. This will be a great opportunity to enjoy a nice relaxing day out in the community enjoying some good brews & tunes.
- Our Bi-Annual Food Truck Festivals will be held on March 25th and October 21st. These events are held twice a year and bring in a large variety of food trucks for everyone to enjoy.
- The 27th Annual Illuminated Christmas Parade will be on December 1st. Enjoy night full of amazing illuminated floats & entries as Liberty County celebrates the Christmas season.
Be sure to follow us on our Facebook page for all of our latest news, events & happenings. Also be sure to check out our other blogs from this past year here. We want to wish everyone a happy holiday season & a happy New Year.