Things to Know About Blues, Brews & BBQ
No one does BBQ better than the south. Whether you like your sauce spicy, sweet, or somewhere in between, Liberty County is home to a variety of BBQ restaurants. BBQ means sitting out back on a Sunday, watching the water float on by while something tasty cooks on the grill. Or attending the 18th Annual Blues, Brews and BBQ hosted right in downtown Hinesville! The Hinesville Area Arts Council (HAAC) does a phenomenal job with this annual community event that you won’t want to miss. Here is our list of things to know when you attend on Saturday, September 17th from 11am-7pm.
- The event is FREE. Always a plus! Have cash on hand for the BBQ vendors. If all you want to do is listen to music and just sit and chat with your neighbor, there is no cost to attend! There are numerous ATMs within walking distance, the closest being The Heritage Bank.
- If you’re looking for the event….just head to downtown Hinesville! There are tons of parking places, we recommend behind the Justice Center and/or Main Street shops. The event itself will be on Main Street and in Bradwell Park (Commerce/Midway Streets). Main Street will be closed. Looking for a map? Check out the Facebook event for more information. If all else fails, roll down your window, turn down your music, and we promise you’ll be able to hear and smell the event! #yummy
- You are allowed to bring your own lawn chair! Grab that comfy camping chair & stool & prepare yourself for a day of great live music! 11am-12:30pm John Emil; 1-2:30pm Dropkick Turbo and 3-4:30pm is The Boondockers. The headliner is still to be announced, stay tuned!
- Yes, the event hours are different this year! Starting at 11am and ending at 7pm allows for a shorter day for all of the folks out working this amazing event. They’re testing out different time slots to see what works best for volunteers and for the public. Interested in serving on the planning committee? Get in touch with the HAAC on their Facebook page.
- Public BBQ sales begin at 12 noon. The BBQ contest is from 4-5pm for People’s Choice. There is a $5 cost to vote in the contest.
- The event is generously presented by The Shanken Team, Coldwell Banker Southern Coast and proudly sponsored by Fort Stewart MWR, the Liberty County Chamber and the Liberty County Convention & Visitors Bureau. Interested in sponsorship? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a beer garden available for adults aged 21 or older. There are no outside coolers allowed and beer can only be purchased with a valid photo ID. Bottomless cups are $25.
- Kid activities will be provided by UBOUNCE for a cost. There is an all-day price!
- Interested in volunteering? Be sure to email email@example.com for more information.
- Strollers & blankets are allowed. The HAAC will provide limited tables and chairs, along with tents.
- There is not a wide variety of food because it’s a BBQ festival. If you don’t like BBQ you might want to think about eating prior to the event.
This is a great opportunity for families to spend some leisurely time together right in the heart of Hinesville. Have more questions about the event? Check it out on Facebook! We can’t wait to get sauced with you on Saturday, September 17th!