Ways to Celebrate Your Mama in Liberty County
Get out of the house and create new memories with your mama every day when you #ExploreLiberty! With Mother’s Day coming up, we wanted to share some ideas of things to do in Liberty County that will make your mama feel appreciated every single day. Why does it have to be Mother’s Day to celebrate the woman who has loved and cared for you?! We know that each woman is different and has different interests. We kept that in mind and made sure we included something for all the mamas! Keep reading to learn more about each one.
For the Foodie Mama
- Stop in for brunch and bubbly at the Yellow Bee! This is Liberty County’s mimosa bar.
- Have dinner with a view at the Sunbury Crab Company!
- You can’t say no to margaritas and tacos at Rodeo Mexican Restaurant. Don’t forget the queso!
- Pick up a platter of low country boil from the Walthourville Meat Market and have a picnic at Jones Creek Park!
For the Creative Mama
- Visit the Hinesville Area Arts Council to see the current exhibit! Don’t forget to stop for a photo with the mural on the side of the building. It’s the only one in Liberty County!
- Browse unique handmade items at Martin Mercantile featuring the Robin’s Nest! Every purchase made helps support a local artisan.
- Check out the Mommy & Daughter Day event hosted by the Robin’s Nest to paint your very own pair of handmade clay earrings. This class will take place on Sunday, May 7th. This is the Sunday before Mother’s Day! Get signed up now.
- Have a photoshoot at It’s All About Me Selfie Studio!
For the Fashionista Mama
- Browse trendy clothing and accessories at Molly Maxine! They are also a Merle Norman retailer. You can grab some makeup too!
- Shop until you drop at Dawsons General Store in Walthourville! Their boutique is full of clothing, home goods, accessories and more. Be sure to say hello to the cute farm animals located in the barn behind the store when you visit!
For the Relax & Rejuvenate Mama
- If your mama is feeling worn down contact Baker Girls Beauty, Relaxation & Recovery Retreat! Treat her to a relaxing massage that will leave her feeling brand new.
- Make an appointment at Pretty in Pink or The Beauty Bar to get her eyebrows done or check out their many other services! The Beauty Bar even has permanent jewelry.
For the Outdoorsy Mama
- Go for a relaxing walk and embrace nature at Cay Creek Wetlands Interpretive Center or the Historic Baptismal Trail!
- Visit some of our local parks around the county! Not sure which one to choose? Check out our list of 6 Parks to Visit this Spring.
- Looking for a place to relax & take in coastal views? Visit the Sunbury Boat Ramp. If your mama likes to fish, don’t forget your rod and reel! This is a favorite local spot.
For the Adventurous Mama
- Drop a kayak, canoe or boat into the water and paddle out into our intracoastal waterways. If you need some ideas on where to put your boat in, check out this blog!
- Hunt for tree spirits in Riceboro! We’ve marked each one on a map to make your trip a little easier.
- Chase sunsets at some of our favorite spots. Nothing beats a Liberty County sunset!
What are you waiting for? Create a new experience when you #ExploreLiberty. Make your favorite woman feel like the queen she is!