Student Filming

Student Projects

Student projects are subject to the same rules and permit requirements as professional productions.


Some schools provide insurance coverage and some do not. If your school does not, you may be required to procure coverage.


Municipalities may charge for certain services such as permits, police, ITC, parking, etc.  Please contact the appropriate municipality for direct answers.

Private Property

The use of private property requires the permission of the property owner. Film permits do not grant access to any private property. However, there are certain activities that require permits even when they occur on private property. These include stunts, special effects, excessive noise and certain activities that are visible to the public.


Your permit may require you to provide notification to the residence and businesses near the location. This must be completed at least 2 business days before the shoot. Please use the Notification Letter template available for download, located at the bottom of this page. Failure to notify as described in the permit is a violation.


If you are a student, please complete and submit a Student Permit Application via corresponding municipalities here. For the most direct answers to your questions, please contact the permitting office(s) of the municipality in which you desire to film in.

The City of Hinesville

Student filmmakers must abide by the City of Hinesville’s guidelines for permitting but must fill out a Student Filming Permit Application no later than 5 business days before filming. Any student production with a cast and crew size larger than 10 people, must obtain a permit in order to gather on city-owned property.
Student films must obtain a permit for the following to occur on city-owned property regardless of cast and crew size:

  • Special Effects – Explosions, Fire, Smoke, Haze/Fog, or Pyrotechnics
  • Stunts
  • Weapons or Firearms (real or fake)
  • Animals
  • Street, or sidewalk closures
  • Parking for Equipment Vehicles
  • Intermittent Traffic Control

Student Filming Permit Application

    1. Please complete all fields below and submit the permit application.
    2. The confirmation email includes a liability waiver. Print the confirmation email. You and your professor must both sign the liability waiver.
    3. You will be contacted regarding your application. If approved, you will need to bring the signed liability waiver to the Liberty CVB, 208 E. Court Street, Hinesville, GA, in order to obtain your permit.
    **Please note, this application does not qualify as an issued permit. Please follow the above steps in order to obtain the signed city-issued permit.**

    Only the student receiving class credit may sign for a permit.


  • Example: Bradwell Park or 102 Commerce Street interiors and sidewalk.
    This is anything that even looks like a weapon.
  • Drop files here or
    Max. file size: 256 MB.

    Liberty County small logomark

    In Liberty County, we like to say we have The Right Blend for everyone. Whether you’re visiting us for a weekend, looking to plant some roots, or working on your business dream, Liberty welcomes you with open arms and endless possibilities.

    Visit Liberty County today!